Continuing Professional Development in Athletic Training provides an overview of the Board of Certification's (BOC's) Task Force on Continuing Professional Education. The DVD looks at the research supporting the recertification guidelines, as well as discusses the research foundation underpinning the regulatory focus of continuing competence. The DVD also explains how athletic trainers can access resources to support their personal continuing professional development.
Among the topics covered:
• Does continuing education maintain entry-level competence among ATs?
• What percent of continuing education is reported in each professional domain?
• Among BOC approved providers, what proportion or offerings represents each professional domain?
• What factors affect the selection of continuing education
• Does using the personal learning plan (PLP) assist in maintaining competence among ATs by identifying individual learning needs?
• Redesigning continuing education for the health professions