In the last few years, high intensity training (HIT) has been widely reported as a new fitness trend. In reality, many of the claims made for this mode of training are rather extreme. High Intensity Training: Bridging Populations provides a comprehensive overview of the key factors involved in HIT and examines when,and with what populations HIT is or is not appropriate. The DVD also details the practical realities of using HIT.
Among the topics covered:
• High intensity interval training: precision training
• Basis of contemporary high intensity interval training
• High intensity interval training causes large adaptation in a short time in young healthy people
• Exercise in the non-athletic world
• Can high intensity interval training be adapted to olderhealthy and/or clinical populations?
• High intensity exercise training