HIPAA-TIZE Your Club: Protecting Your Member's Right to Privacy discusses why healthcare privacy policies are relevant to health/fitness clubs. In that regard, the DVD points out why clubs need to be aware of and adhere to the basic provisions of the Health Disclosure Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. The DVD also explains why clubs are generally not required to be trained on HIPPA. In addition, the DVD reviews ways in which privacy could be breached in health/fitness club setting, as well as details 10 tips for improving a club's privacy practices.
Among the topics covered:
• HIPAA-TIZE your club: protecting your member's right to privacy
• Why are healthcare privacy policies relevant in wellness?
• What is HIPAA?
• HIPA A basics: the rules
• Why are health clubs generally notrequired to be trained on HIPPA?
• Affordable Care Act includes wellness in healthcare services
• Ways in which privacy could be breached in a health club setting: the legal and business risk
• Ways in which privacy can be protected in a fitness setting: 10 tips for Improving your privacy practices
• Final thoughts