Strength Training for Youth presents a comprehensive overview of why and how children can benefitfrom increasing their levels of muscular fitness. The DVD features a detailed explanation of how todevelop and implement a sound (i.e., effective, time-efficient, and safe) strength-training program foryouth of all ages and fitness levels. The DVD also offers suggestions concerning how to design a "totalexercise training" program for youth.
Among the topics covered:
- Studies regarding youth health
- Strength-training principles
- Training guidelines, recommendations, and procedures
- Physical benefits
- Youth strength-training concerns
- Teaching methods
- Exercises using different training modalities
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).