Studies on aging in model systems have identified a class of proteins, called sirtuins, that help counteract aging. The Role of Redoxâ€“Sensitive Sirtuins in Exercise and Aging examines whether these anti-aging genes are impacted by exercise. The DVD also looks at the affect of sirtuins in mitigating aging by regulating mitochondrial function.
Among the topics covered:
• Sir2 silences muscle differentiation with redox-sensitive manner
• Do sirtuins interfere with thebiogenesis of mitochondria?
• Diet-sensitive expression of Sirt3 andAMPK in muscle tissue
• The levels of low protease and HSP78
• Posttranslational modifications of skeletalmuscle with aging and exercise
• Oxidative DNA damage and repair
• Passive avoidance test
• Take-home messages