It's hard to get kids away from the TV. No, kids love activity and play more than anything else. Which is it? There are many questions about young people's physical activity. Are they active enough? Does it make any difference for their health? Understanding and Promoting Youth Physical Activity presents an engaging summary of the scientific literature on youth physical activity. A leading health psychologist also describes effective ways to help young people become more active. The DVD features practical ideas for helping children, schools, communities, and youth-development programs.
Among the topics covered:
- Relation of physical activity to physical and mental health benefits in youth
- Current guidelines for youth activity
- Reasons why some youth are active and others are not
- Results of school-based programs
- Suggestions for improving your youth physical-activity programs for families, health-care providers, and community organizations
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine.