Physical activity tracking and prescription has been one of the fastest growing trends over the past few years. External consumer-facing brands seem to be encroaching into the sphere of encouraging individuals to exercise without the need of a health/fitness club. Not only do these global brands have the eyeballs and the money to thrive, they also have the reach to either disrupt or enhance the health/fitness club industry. Wearable Technology: Friend or Foe to the Health Club Industry reviews the wearable technologies currently in the marketplace, the science underlying behavior change, and the common challenges that wearable technology presents to the health/fitness club industry.
Among the topics covered:
• What is wearable tech?
• Three steps for a wearable to work
• Three behavior science factors to include adherence
• Stickiness problem: rewarding fitness
• Benefits of the right wearable technology
• The professionals-Richard Earney
• The professionals-Dennis Dumas
• The professionals-Chris Southall